We are over the moon to announce that we have been granted a game-changing 3 years of funding from Arts Council England, to support us as we deliver a huge range of poetry-based activities and opportunities for women and the general public in Teesside.
Want to find out more?!
We’re having TWO open mic programme launch parties, one online and one in person, on 16th and 17th January. We’ll hear some great live poetry, raise a glass (or a tea-cup) together, and drop some info about our upcoming events.
Zoom Programme Launch & Open Mic – 6pm, Monday 16th January – get your link here
In person Programme Launch Party & Open Mic – 5.30pm doors for 6pm start, Tuesday 17th January at Gutsy Girl & Co, Middlesbrough – get your tickets here
Give us a hint what’s coming…
From this year to 2025, we will be doing all of this (and you can be part of it!)
- Free writing workshops for women (hybrid online and in person)
- Online open mic for all genders
- Library-based creative writing walks for all genders
- Free writing workshops, annual anthology, launch event and film poem with Thrive charity for women with lived experience of poverty and social injustice
- Poetry Playspace member-led residency days at ARC Stockton for women to create and rehearse long-form spoken word pieces
- Spoken Word Summer School & showcase at Middlesbrough Town Hall for women
- Schools and adult workshops at MIMA
- Performances at MIMA Art Socials
- Two intergenerational podcasts about growing up a girl in Teesside, one in Hartlepool and one in Redcar
- A heritage residency for Creative Darlington
- Three paid poet-in-residence placements, with mentoring, at DRAKE Bookshop in Stockton
- Paid opportunities to shadow our lead artists and learn professional skills
How do I make sure I don’t miss out?
Join our Facebook Group
Follow our Eventbrite page
Follow this blog for automatic updates